Sep 1, 2014

Metabiosis Monday

metabiosis ~ reliance of an organism on another for environment

Here we are, the last long weekend of the summer where we celebrate Labour Day by doing as little as possible. Or at the very least, as little labour as possible. This is the weekend to have fun!

I'd like to say that the timing of this post was in honour of it being a holiday weekend and everyone should have the chance to sleep in on a holiday weekend, but the truth is, I just plain forgot. :-)

But in case you're in need of excuses, I have two pretty good ones. First of all, it's been hot and muggy this weekend. And I'm talking really hot and muggy. It's driven me from my office (where I only have a fan) to the living room (where I have a fan and an air conditioner. But the problem with that (aside from the noise) is in the living room I have to have the lap top on my lap and the air conditioning doesn't quite compensate for this so I tend not to use my laptop in the living room if I don't have to on extremely hot days. So I wasn't on my laptop much/at all last night, otherwise I might have remembered my post

My second excuse is . . . we watched Piranha DD last night and it was so bad it made my brain turn to mush. I'm trying to think of something good to say about it but I'm coming up empty - unless you want to count the part at the very beginning where Gary Busey gets eaten. The action centers around a water park with an adult themed section, staffed by pole-dancing stripper lifeguards (double D gets in free!). And David Hasselhoff was in it as himself and unfortunately does not get eaten by any piranha.

Though I haven't made any progress on my nook, it's been seeing a lot of action lately. First we have Julius and Dante making themselves at home:



And then we have Taz and Dante. Taz is the usual occupant of my nook, and that is his usual spot. The trouble starts when Dante beats Taz to the nook and decides he wants to sleep on the bare cushion instead. And he does a great Gandalf impression if Taz tries to go around him to get to the blanket - you shall not pass! All he needs is a staff. ;-)



You can see the paltry few hard backs I've managed to catalogue and shelve. I really need to move "adding books" to my to-do list. If I was still making out my daily to-do list. I sort of fell off the wagon with that, as well as keeping up my food journal, my regular journal, and my exercising. But today is the start of a new week and a new month. Things can only get better, right?

If nothing else, the writing has been going very well lately. I've added four thousand words to Lucky Dog and over a thousand to Earth. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with Lucky Dog - Jessica's been rescued and now one of the main characters has to lose his hands and Ewan must die and then I'm pretty much finished book two of the Moonstone Chronicles. And no, that does not mean I'll be finished it this week, but by the end of the month for sure. :-) *knock on wood*

Another thing I managed to get done was the baby set I was working on. I messed up on the day my appointment was (earlier than I counted on) so I only managed to get the bonnet done, not the booties as well.

Just so you know, I've never done a bonnet before. I vaguely recall knitting booties for my daughter, but that was a long time ago and knitted, not crocheted. So when it came to finishing the bonnet, I had no idea how to attach the ties - the instructions were a little vague. So I ended up doing the same finishing as it called for at the neck of the sweater where you could thread the ribbon through. Anyway, here it is in all its glory:



And now, even though it's only 9:30 a.m., I'm leaving sweat marks on my lap top where my wrists are touching it. Time to relocate to a cooler location. Have a happy Labour Day! ;-)

No comments: