Jan 26, 2015

Maieutics Monday

maieutics ~ midwifery

I kind of thought this week's M word was appropriate, considering my big news for the week is that I'm officially a grandma! :-D

If you're a regular reader of this blog then it shouldn't come as a surprise to you. I've been talking about this for a while now. Her name is Eleanor Catherine Anne and she was 6 pounds, 14 ounces, and 20 inches long. And I'll let the picture speak for itself on how beautiful she is:



The new mom's doing well, despite the fact that she went into the hospital Wednesday morning, had the baby by C-section, and was released Friday afternoon. It still boggles my mind. In my day I was in there for seven days and I would have stayed long if they'd have let me!

Remember how I mentioned last week that I normally write these Monday posts late Sunday nights? Well . . . not this week. I was so sick last night that although I started this post, I just didn't have the energy to finish. It kind of hit without warning and I really don't know what brought it on - I think it was something I ate, or a combination of somethings 'cause the hubby's okay and I seem to be better this morning. But it made me miss part of Lost Girl and all of Broadchurch last night. :-D

One of the more interesting things I did last week was a thrift store run - which is like a treasure hunt 'cause you never know what you might uncover. This time I uncovered three books for myself, and eighteen story books for my new granddaughter - can't wait until I can start reading them to her!

Got some reading and some writing in last week, although not as much crocheting as I'd have liked. I'm very close to being finished the draft of Earth. Close enough, in fact I should easily finish it this week. *knock on wood*

This week should be more of the same - reading, writing, crocheting, repeat as necessary. Maybe with a little editing thrown in. :-D

Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

RamblingWords said...

I had to smile when I read about how long you were in the hospital when you had your C-Sec. I think I had mine before you had yours(1977)and my was on Friday night but I went home Monday morning. I tried to get to go home Sunday morning but my regular doctor wasn't on duty so the doctor who was covering for him wouldn't release me. I did leave at least a day earlier than they would have liked but I was ready to go. I packed up. I told the nursery that I was going home so they discharged the baby to me before my doctor even made rounds. When he came in he laughed and said, "It looks like you are going home today," and so I did. I wanted to be at home with my baby and that was that! ;)