Mar 9, 2015

Mussitate Monday

mussitate ~ to mutter

What's that in the air? Could Spring be on its way?

We've finally emerged from the deep freeze. The temperature has been slowly rising and this week it's actually going to be on the plus side. Okay, so maybe it's only going to be one or two degrees above zero, but it's a start. And Tuesday or Wednesday it's supposed to go to plus five!

The hubby was outside on the weekend shovelling snow away from the house, hoping to help stem the flooding of the basement. Notice I didn't say prevent. I can't remember a time when we didn't get at least a little water in the basement during the spring thaw. Last year the basement didn't dry up until well into the summer.

Meanwhile, my sister in Hamilton has frozen pipes. The city advised the residents in her area to keep a thin trickle of water running in their basement sinks to prevent the pipes from freezing. She went to visit her son in London last weekend and her granddaughter, thinking the tap had been left on by mistake, turned it off. They haven't had water since.

Just so you know, I'm not a fan of this whole time change thing. Spring forward, fall back . . . Bah! Humbug! It takes a good week to adjust, twice a year, and why do we even do it? Because we're told to, that's why. I think we should all stand up and rebel. Refuse to change our clocks any more. Who's with me? Anyone? Anyone?

Still haven't got much reading in lately, but I picked up a couple of new books and I'm really itching to get into one of them. So this week should be better in that respect.

The writing went a little better last week, but there's always room for improvement. To that end I decided it's time to give up the easy chair during the day and get back to my office. So Friday I started out by ferrying all the stuff from my office that's migrated to the living room around my chair, and then actually sat at my desk and got some writing in. :-)

The rest of the weekend however . . . Saturday I settled in and caught up my journal, and then the daughter and I went shopping for the rest of the day. We had a blast, but very little else was accomplished.

Then Sunday I got de-railed by a Star Trek marathon. As you know (or maybe you don't) I'm a Trekkie from way back. What little writing I did was done in the living room in front of the TV. ;-)

I'm close to the end of Guardian of the Sea, which was my NaNo novel. I'm ready for it to end, the characters are ready for it to end, but I'm not quite sure how to end it. I've already killed off one bad guy, now I have to kill off the other one. Editing this is going to be a nightmare. The story kept changing as I went along - it being a NaNo novel the idea was to write without looking back - and now it's a mess. My one Super Secret Society morphed into two and the motivation of a couple of characters kept changing. *sigh*

So on the agenda for this week is getting some reading in and finishing up Guardian.

Sounds simple enough, eh? But you never know what else the week will throw at me. :-D

1 comment:

Olivia P said...

An amazing testimony on a spell caster who brought my husband back to me.. My name is Olivia Phimzile,i live in Kansas,USA,and I'm happily married to a lovely and caring husband ,with two kids.A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce.he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited.{tanasiajobs210@gmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so she spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same email tanasiajobs210@gmail.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to the Dr Tansia for bringing back my husband ,and brought great joy to my family once again. {tanasiajobs210@gmail.com}, Thanks