For anyone who's new, you can catch the previous weeks here:
Week 1, Week 2, Week 3
As fun as it is to wreck a journal, it's also a little time consuming. So I only managed three pages this week.
First I was instructed to trace my toes. Sounded simple enough, but I found it really hard to get the pen between my baby toes. And then I wanted to be a little more creative, but it didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted.
The next page I did, I was instructed to do some rubbings with a pencil. It didn't specify that it had to be a lead pencil, so I used pencil crayons instead. The first thing I learned was, the pages of this journal are a little too thick to use for effective rubbings. Had I been thinking clearly, I would have used a lighter weight paper and then glued it into the book. Oh well.
The purple rubbing is of carved box I have on my dresser. While you can definitely see that it's a rubbing, the thickness of the paper makes the image a little hard to make out. It's supposed to be two dragons facing each other, but it doesn't really show up well in the rubbing. The dragons are a little hard to make out on the box itself, so it's no wonder it didn't translate well.
The other rubbing I did using a small candy tin I have on one of my bookcases that's full of white sand from a beach in the Bahamas. You can sort of make out the ship from it. The water below it turned out really well. For that I rubbed over the scales of one of my dragons. It was a little awkward, but it worked.
And finally, I was instructed to drip something on the page and then close the book to make a print. I decided paint would make the best print, and I dribbled a pretty design but apparently I was a little heavy handed on the metallic paint because it turned out a little blobby.
Once again, hindsight is 20/20. I should have added another colour or two to spiff it up.
That's it for this week. Join me next week as I continue to wreck my journal. :-D