Jun 2, 2014

Multanimous Monday

multanimous ~ having a many-sided mind

I think, although I may be mistaken, that the danger of frost has finally passed. :-)

Seriously though, this has been one cold, wet spring. Though the sun has been shining lately, up until yesterday the wind coming off the lake was still pretty cold. But yesterday I was able to have the deck door open and I didn't freeze to death, although I was still wearing my socks.

Skirts and sandals - that's the meaning of spring to me, when I transition from long pants and socks and shoes to skirts and sandals. So far there have only been a couple of days where it's been warm enough for sandals, and my skirts are still safely tucked away in my closet. Maybe later this week. ;-)

Last week got off to a bit of a rocky start but got better as the week progressed. I've been finding more time to read, and I finished writing a short story I've been working on for a while now. It's kind of a Halloween themed story and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it other than maybe include it in an anthology of other creepy stories.

I still haven't made up my mind about what I'm going to do with all those green hexagons I have, so in the meantime I started a new throw. Actually, I started one that was a 12-point star, decided it was too many points, ripped it out and started over making it 9-points instead. The yarn I'm using is both textured and fuzzy, in a variegated orange to white:



That's Dante photo-bombing, in case you were wondering. He likes to "help" crochet. And the orange is much oranger in the picture - in real life it looks more like orange sherbert. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it when it's finished - I've never been particularly fond of the colour orange.

The shelves are up in the reading nook . . . I was kind of hoping I'd be making the cushion and loading books into it by now, but that's okay. Having the nook done will mean it's time for the Great Book Migration and Reorganization and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Speaking of which, I'll have to remember to take pictures of my current bookcases so I have before and after shots.

I've been toying with the idea of a small anthology of some of my darker flash fiction, so yesterday I was checking through my folders, ferreting out stories to be included in it. I found 13 stories that are pretty much good to go, and another three that just need some polishing. Of course when we're talking about dark tales, 13 sounds like a good number, don't you think? So maybe the three extras can wait for the next anthology. :-)

Have you ever noticed that the longer you're away from something the hard it is to get back to it? This week I'm going to get back to work on Lucky Dog if it kills me. And it just might. ;-)

No comments: