Aug 4, 2014

Maculomancy Monday

maculomancy ~ divination using spots

How do these Mondays keep creeping up on me? And this one is the Civic Holiday, which means if you're in Canada and don't work in retail, you probably got to sleep in today. :-)

I remember when I was a teenager and worked in retail during the Civic Holiday . . . borrrr-innng! We were the only department store in town - which was half the size it is now - and no one knew we were open. My department was in the back corner of the store - wool/notions/fabric/crafts and myself and the girl from children's wear (next department over) sat on the cutting table and played cards all day.

It's been raining most of the weekend - apparently the weather has no respect for the plans people may have for a long weekend - and today is shaping up to be not only humid, but hot as well. The hot I can handle. The humid? Not so much. I'm really getting tired of everything feeling damp.

But honestly, if we didn't complain about the weather, what would we complain about? ;-)

Last week was another one of those weeks where I was busy, but didn't get anything of great significance done (other than to myself). A little of this, a little of that . . . laundry, vacuuming, yard work . . .

Managed to get a few words done on Lucky Dog, a couple of rows done on the baby set I'm doing for my nutritionist, nothing at all done on the nook. I spent Sunday night paring down a story I was submitting for a flash murder anthology and was so happy when I got it down to 450 words . . . until I realized the limit was 250. LOL

This week will probably be more of the same, although I would like to start getting the hardbacks moved into the nook so I can finally finish up that project. What an exciting life I lead, eh? ;-)

No comments: