Aug 8, 2014

What I'm Reading




Still a little slim pickings on the reading lately, but I'm getting some in, and any reading is good reading. :-)

Electronic Books

I've come to associate my e-reading with my riding the stationary bike. So the fact I didn't get any e-reading in last week makes it look like I didn't get any time in on the bike, but that's not true. I did use the bike last week. Three times. ;-)

What happened was, I had the hubby pick a number between 1 and 150 (the number of pages of listings I have on my Kindle) and then a number between 1 and 10 (the number of titles displayed on each page) and then I think I read the title off the first page of the book at those co-ordinates before the battery died.

It really, really helps when using an e-reader if you check the battery once in awhile. ;-)

So being too lazy to go upstairs to find a tree book, I found a few tucked in between DVDs on the shelves in the rec room and started reading one during my ride. And then the next two times I rode I was so into the tree book I had on the go that I brought it downstairs with me instead of firing up George.

But don't despair! I have a doctor's appointment this week, and everyone knows there's no better place to kill a few hours reading than waiting for the doctor. :-D

Tree Books

I read a couple more pages in Hunting the Corrigan's Blood by Holly Lisle, but it's been slow going. I have it in my purse now so it's handy when I pick the son-in-law up from work in the afternoons. However, he's been getting out of work on time lately, so I haven't been getting a lot of reading time in there.

I finished Shadow Spell, by Nora Roberts, and it's really put me in the mood to read more books like it. Unfortunately, I don't have any more. So I may have to pay my friend a visit and raid her Nora Roberts collection. LOL

Shadow Spell continues the saga that started with the Dark Witch . This time the action centers around Connor O'Dwyer , who's able to go back in time in his dreams to visit his ancestor, the dark witch's son. And though Connor, his sister, and his cousin have hurt the evil Cabhan, Cabhan has been learning new dark magics and is targeting Meara, whom Connor has known all his life and only now come to realize is the woman he's always been searching for.

Once again we have a novel full of action and romance, magic and love. Can you ever really go wrong with a Nora Roberts novel?

I didn't get any reading done out on the deck last week, so I sort of forgot about Water For Elephants, by Sara Gruen. Oops! My bad. I have liked what I've read so far . . . it's a tad different from the movie, as is to be expected. The book jumps back and forth in time a bit - we're seeing the story through the eyes of Jacob, who's in a retirement home and not enjoying it much. His memories are triggered by a circus setting up in the field near his nursing home.

Maybe now that I'm done with the Nora Roberts book (and have to wait until the end of October for the next one!) I'll be able to make more time for the elephants. :-)

Re-Reads

So . . . after a good start on Sisters in Fantasy, I promptly set it down on the little shelf under the table beside my easy chair . . . and forgot about it. Seriously, what is wrong with me? Maybe I should try putting in on the table instead of under it. LOL

And there you have it. My reading for the week, such as it is. :-D

So . . . what have you been reading?

No comments: