Aug 1, 2014

What I'm Reading




Slim pickings on the reading lately, but I'm starting to get into the habit of reading while I'm having my breakfast, so at least that's something. :-)

Electronic Books

Poor George (my Kindle) must think I've abandoned him. I did no electronic reading last week. I didn't even read any on-line stories.

And if I'm perfectly honest, part of this lack of e-reading is due to me slacking off on the exercise again. I wasn't using the stationary bike during this time either. So I guess that makes me bad on both counts.

Tree Books

I read a little further in Hunting the Corrigan's Blood by Holly Lisle, but to be honest I'm not really in the mood for science fiction. Do you ever get like that? In the mood for a certain kind of book?

God bless friends who buy the books you can't afford AND are willing to lend them to you. The friend who lent me The Dark Witch, by Nora Roberts, just bought the sequel, Shadow Spell and has lent it to me without reading it first. It's good to have friends. ;-)

But before I started reading Shadow Spell, I had the chance to sit out on the deck to read a little last week. I prefer a tree book out on the deck - I have no idea why - so I looked in my to-be-read bookcase and on a whim picked up Water For Elephants, by Sara Gruen. I liked the movie version, so I'm sure I'll enjoy the book as well.

Re-Reads

Here's where the whole book cataloguing thing came into play. Instead of picking up the next Sword and Sorceress book, I picked up Sisters in Fantasy, which is pretty much the same idea except the stories in this series are by female authors only. I'm only a couple of stories in so far because these stories are a tad longer, but once again I'm re-discovering old favourites.

All in all, not bad, considering how limited my time's been lately.

So . . . what have you been reading?

No comments: