Nov 6, 2008

Nano, Day 6

I am determined to finish Nano this year.

This year I’m enjoying the novel I’m writing and I have it all worked out in my head, it’s just a little slow moving from my head to the keyboard.

You would think, being unemployed, I’d be making all kinds of progress on my Nano. Alas, such is not the case.

Yesterday saw me with a 100 word shortfall, which, considering I started the day 400 words ahead of the day is not a good thing. I think the saddest part is, it was my own damn fault. I piddled around and procrastinated, and then just as I’d get going I’d let myself be distracted by silly things (like the little old lady who goes for a walk around the crescent every day and bears a frightening resemblance to my Aunt Florence who’s been dead for years).

So then I ended up staying up until 3 a.m. working on my nano novel because earlier in the evening I started reading the archives of one of the blogs I’ve started frequenting. I probably could have pushed and done the extra 100 words, but, my God! It was 3 a.m.! What am I still doing up?

I’m not unreasonable. I’m going to give myself until the end of the week and if I have not reached or exceeded my daily word count then after checking my email and blog list in the morning I’m going to start unplugging the router so I can’t get an internet connection on my lap top. The idea will be that it stays unplugged until I reach my daily goal.

Great idea. If I can make myself do it.

No comments: