Nov 3, 2008

Interpretation of Waffle Post

Did anyone actually get the fact that I signed up for NaNo from that run-on, back and forth post I made last time?

I almost didn’t, not because I kept changing my mind, but because it was so hard logging into the NaNoWriMo site. I don’t remember the last time I participated, but I forgot my password. Because the site is so busy the first few days it took me three hours to get my password reset.

However, my password is reset, and I wrote it down in my notebook of Important Logins and Passwords, and now I’m good to go.

By the end of day one I only had about 700 words, but that’s still 700 more than I managed in the last week or two. Yesterday I did much better and I even managed to update my word count on the NaNo site.

One of the nice things about NaNo is that it gives me permission to focus on one thing and one thing only. I don’t have to feel guilty about ignoring my other works in progress because this is NaNo! That’s not to say I can’t work on them if I want, but their word counts don’t matter in the larger scheme of things.

I think what surprises me most is, rather than feeling restricted by NaNo, as I’d feared, I’m feeling liberated.

Viva la NaNo!

No comments: