Dec 16, 2008

The Best Laid Ideas . . .

Um, so much for the great idea I had that was bugging me, I can’t remember what it was!

Just as well, I’ve pretty much decided that for the January Faux Nano, I’m going to make up my 50K word count by finishing the stories I’ve already got on the go. Unless a really great idea comes along to whack me across the back of the head, it just makes more sense to me to finish the stories I’ve started before going on to something new.

That could be why I'm struggling so much now that I'm close to the end - I have a problem finishing what I start when it comes to writing. Just take a look to the right where my WIPs are listed.

To be honest, I’m not getting a lot of writing done these days. I’ve been doing research to go back to school, the holidays are coming and right before Christmas we need to move the daugher and her fiancé back home. Too much going on right now to focus on the writing.

I did, however, have lunch with a writing friend on Sunday and we had a nice chat about our works in progress and what we hoped to accomplish. She’d been on a hiatus from writing to take care of her sick husband, but he’s on the mend and she’s ready to get back to work.

I seriously doubt I’ll get my Nano novel finished by Christmas, but for sure I’ll get it done by New Year’s, even if I have to take my lap top to a coffee shop where people can give me pointed looks if I start playing games instead of writing.

No comments: