May 28, 2009

On Procrastination . . .

This is a really cool link for anyone who (like me) is a procrastinator. I never knew there was so much information about it. Of course I never got around to looking before . . .

I’m not sure where I found the link, probably on AW somewhere. Do I sound a little scatterbrained today? That’s probably because I’m feeling a little scatterbrained today. Thank you for noticing.

Now this link is also cool and I have no idea where I found it. I thought it came from the procrastinating site, but I just checked and it didn’t . However, it doesn’t make it any less cool. One word, so little time features a new word every day and you get one minute to write about it.

* * * * * * * * * *

Notice the sad and pathetic word counts for yesterday.

I blame the poem I sent for inclusion in an anthology. Even though they say you won’t hear back for two weeks minimum, they sent me an e-mail rather quickly asking for a couple of changes. Two lines in the first stanza, one line in the fifth.

Three freaking lines. Took me all morning yesterday, right up until school, to fix them. I ended up re-writing the first verse completely, which didn’t take long and I think it actually works better. The single line, however. Argh! The rest of the stanza looked good, it was just that one line. Again I say, Argh!

Then, in the interest of tightening up the whole thing, I deleted the fourth stanza because I think it was really just saying the same thing as the third, just in a different way.

After all that, I don’t feel bad about the lack of other writing I got done yesterday. Plus my predictions about the headache came true. It turned into a real killer.

No comments: