Sep 27, 2010

Mutative Monday

mutative ~ indicating a change of place or state


So. Last week was not about the writing. Nor was it about the editing. It wasn’t even about the reading. No, last week was all about my office. It took me the whole week, and I ended up with 5 recycling bags of shredded paper, 6 bags of magazines/books to donate, and one vacuum cleaner full of cat hair, but my office is all clean and organized. I re-organized a few of the shelves on my bookcases and I managed to find shelf space for all my “to be read” books. I really wish I’d taken some “before” pictures because my office isn’t nearly as impressive looking as it would be when compared to what it looked like before.

I made it to both my Scribes meeting and my Poetry meeting last week. The topic for the Scribes was Infidelity and you can read my offering, at exactly 150 words (which is our limit) here. I shocked my poetry group – not only did I not have my poem-work done (the prompt was to write a serenade), I didn’t even have anything new to read.

Got all my blog posts up, although the Fairy-tale ended up late due to my ineptitude at scheduling. :-) It was early when I posted it and I forgot to change the time from PM to AM and didn’t realize it until after lunch.


This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part XIX of my fairy tale series will be about the Frog Prince.

Wednesday: A new hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: This week’s Passion for Poetry is the Ronsardian Ode.

Friday: Chapter 57 of the Space Opera. So what’s Chaney’s idea? And will they be able to get a message to the Council before the Alliance finds them?

Elsewhere in my week:

I have no meetings this week. Be still my heart. There’s a poetry reading in the next town tonight, which I might go to . . .

As a few of you know already, I’m in the process of starting up a home-based business. A couple of the services I’ll be offering are ones I’ve been doing on the side for years, but the others are things that never occurred to me to offer in connection to a business. So I’ll probably be spending a considerable amount of time working out the details for that. I’ll spare you the details until I have a website up and running. :-)

I've made a good start as far as the discipline needed to restrict my internet usage and game playing, so my new personal goal for this week is to start getting up earlier. I don't like getting up early, but I seem to be most focused in the mornings.

And that’s pretty much it for me this week. How about you? What have you been up to lately?

3 comments:

Raven Corinn Carluk said...

Don't even need the pictures. Just telling me how much you pulled out of your office is damn impressive.

I'm suddenly glad I'm confined to just a desk, because I could totally take over a whole office room

C R Ward said...

I swear junk breeds when you're not looking. No matter how much I throw out, there's always more. :-)

Raven Corinn Carluk said...

Junk, and pennies. Somehow, my lunchbox purse is now teeming with pennies.