Jan 24, 2011

Manqué Monday

manqué ~ having had unfulfilled ambition; failing to achieve expectation

First of all, if you haven’t done so already, go buy a copy of Jamie DeBree’s latest book, Desert Heat. You can get in print or e-format (or both) HERE and there’s even some sample chapters to read while you wait. The action and suspense with keep you on the edge of your seat and the romance is really hot! ;-)

Last week was another not so great week for me. I was tired and unproductive and fighting off a flu bug. I was feeling better by the end of the week, but of course there’s no do-overs for the week.

I made it to my Scribe’s meeting last Monday, and even had a humorous piece to read. We had three new people show up and I think we’ll see at least one of them again.

The poetry reading on Thursday was really good. My stomach was still a little iffy at that point so I almost stayed home, but I’m glad I didn’t.

I did, however, miss my poetry post on Thursday. I don’t know what happened, it just slipped my mind.

I spent more time on Twitter last week, which a few friends have been urging me to do. If you Tweet, look me up – CarolRWard. I can always use more people to distract me help me procrastinate talk to on Twitter. :-)

Progress was made on the poetry chapbook! I went so far as to start the form selection process. Yes, I said forms. I wanted my first poetry chapbook to be based on some of the forms I’ve explored, but some of my examples leave something to be desired so I’m either going to have to fix the examples I don’t like or pick a new theme.

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part four of my series on Home Remedies. This week will feature fevers. A couple of the old-style remedies are a real hoot!

Wednesday: Another Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: The poetry form of the week will be the Rondeau. For sure this time. :-)

Friday: Chapter 8 of Fire. So whose body did they find? And what did I mean by ‘the first’ body?

Elsewhere in my week:

I have some work in someone else’s office to do this week. It’s funny but working in someone else’s office always makes me wonder what I do with all my time when I’m working from home ‘cause I get my outside work done plus my own work done in the same amount of time.

Tuesday my poetry group meets and the ‘poemwork’ was to write a poem about a six-legged dog. I haven’t written the example for my Rondeau yet, and I’m toying with the idea of killing two birds with one stone and writing a Rondeau about a six-legged dog.

Towards the end of the week my turn at the Musical Chairs Blogfest over on Absolute Write will be coming up. I will be posting my offering on Thursday on my Other Blog so don’t forget to check it out.

And that’s pretty much what’s going on with me this week. How about you?

No comments: