Feb 21, 2011

Martinet Monday

martinet ~ a strict disciplinarian; one who adheres to rules

Last week was crazy busy. Along with my goals I had a fair amount of freelancing work to do as well as a couple of unexpected excursions that took up valuable time.

For anyone who missed it, I took part in another AW blog chain, this one where we try writing in a different POV. Mine is a humorous (I hope) piece that you can read HERE.

My game playing is fast becoming a thing of the past and when Twitter becomes too distracting I *gulp* shut it off. Tough love, people, tough love.

Although I started an example for last week’s poetry form, I just didn’t have the time to finish it. Maybe once I’ve exhausted the forms I’ll go back and repeat the ones I didn’t provide an original example for and give them another shot.

Did not get to my Scribe’s meeting. I got a last minute call to do some freelance work and I was later than I expected. That’s just the way it goes some times. I did make it to the monthly poetry reading though.

My focus was a little better last week. I’ve been concentrating on Forever and For Always – it’s up to 73,000 words now – and I’m sticking with it until it’s done. I’m not going to say how close to being done it is, every time I do I find another plot hole. :-)

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part nine of my series on Home Remedies. This week we’ll see how to handle those pesky coughs.

Wednesday: Another Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: The poetry form of the week will be the Abhanga. Whether or not I have an original example to offer will depend on how much freelancing I have to do this week.

Friday: Chapter 12 of Fire. So . . . just what is Rayne’s secret? And is she ready to reveal it?

Elsewhere in my week:

There’s a poetry meeting tomorrow night, which is always a fun time.

I will finish Forever and For Always. Yes, that’s right, I said finish. I’ve been dicking around with this novel long enough. Time to get ‘er done.

And that’s pretty much it for my week, at least as it stands right now. You never know what might pop up to divert my attention though.

So how do you plan to spend your Family Day (Canada) or President’s Day (U.S.)? Anything interesting in the works?

No comments: