Aug 22, 2011

Myoxine Monday

myoxine ~ of, like or pertaining to dormice

I’m not sure where last week went, is it possible I missed a couple of days somewhere? I know my weekend certainly didn’t go as planned, but then it seldom does.

Before I get into what I did (and didn’t) accomplish last week, I have a treat for you all. Remember last week I mentioned a couple of books I thought were really good and I provided links so you could download them? Well, the author of The Candle, Shawn Michel de Montaigne, contacted me and not only offered me a free copy of his latest book, Melody and the Pier to Forever, but extended the invitation to all of you as well. The link is HERE and the download code is BY77V. Don’t wait too long, the offer’s only good until August 31. And in case you missed it, you can download The Candle HERE.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

I got all my posts up last week except for Grappling With Grammar. I honestly couldn’t come up with a topic Friday night, and then Saturday I thought of something and came up with two more while researching the first one. Unfortunately, I spent so much time researching that I didn’t get any of them written.

I broke Level 1,000 on MSN Patchworkz! over the weekend. *sigh* I don’t know what I was expecting – rockets going off, a ticker tape parade, a cash prize . . . . What I got was the chance to go on to the next level, which I did. Now if I keep playing it’ll be more out of curiosity to see how high I can go.

I walked five out of seven days last week. My walks are about the same distance, but I’m finishing them sooner and my recovery time is quicker. So I guess that’s progress. :-)

I’ve got my poems picked out for my poetry chapbook, but I have not finished developing my own poetry form.

I managed to get to both my Scribe’s meeting and the poetry reading last week, although I went empty handed to the Scribe’s meeting. And if you’re looking for a little online reading to go with the above book downloads, you can find the second edition of the Northumberland Scribes E-Magazine HERE. If you’re looking for my contribution, click on Contents on the left. I contributed to Cobourg Noir and the last piece on the list is also mine. :-)

Did not finish the edits on An Elemental Wind, nor did I get my brochures done.

About the only thing I did get done (besides most of my blog posts) was reading the next three Harry Potter books, and fix the USB turn table so we could record vinyl records again.

This Week’s Schedule:

Tuesday: Part Six of The Seven Wonders of the Industrial World. This week’s wonder is the Panama Canal.

Wednesday: Another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday: This week’s poetry form is the Ochtfochlach.

Friday: Chapter 38 of Fire. Finally, they’re on their way. It’s about time, don’t you think?

Random Thoughts

Today: A rant about careless drivers.

Wednesday: Chapter 15 of my on-line serial Shades of Errol Flynn. So who are these mysterious strangers who rescued Jessica?

Saturday: Grappling With Grammar this week is all about verb tense.

Elsewhere in my week:


I’ll make this list short and sweet:

Get my brochures designed and printed out.

Organize my chap book and format it for printing.

Design the cover for my chap book – decide whether or not I want an ISBN number on it.

Continue with the walking – maybe add some upper body workouts.

Finish the final edits on An Elemental Wind.

Choose the poems I’m going to read in September.

And that’s what I’ll be doing when I’m not doing other stuff. :-) What are you going to be up to this week?

No comments: