Jan 24, 2012

Spreading the Love

Noteworthy posts:

If you’re still unsure about the whole Amazon KDP Select issue, The Open Vein has a well done post on the subject. You can read Part I HERE and Part II HERE.

Don’t forget to vote for me on You Gotta Read Covers. Actually, credit for the cover goes to Heidi Sutherlin, artist extraordinaire, but please vote all the same!

Sarah Bella, from She Likes It Verbal has some great tips for creating character bios.

Lone Swing posted a piece I found interesting on accepting criticism. I have a pet peeve with people who ask for my opinion and then argue with me about it.

An interesting post on the importance of characters from Antagonists Needed.

Fantasy Faction is running a short story contest. If you’re a writer of fantasy, you really should check it out.

Blogs and Websites:

Mithril Wisdom
For the hard-core fantasy lover, you don’t want to miss the reviews on this blog.

Astronomy Picture of the Day
The great thing about this is, if you miss a day they have an archive so it’s easy to catch up. I’ve saved a ton of these pictures and currently have them set as a desktop slide show on my other computer.

Think Geek
Where do I begin? Yeah, I come to this site every year to make out my Christmas wish list. :-) They’re currently sold out of the vanishing Tardis mugs, but they still have the Tardis tea mugs with the lids . . . Just sayin’. ;-)

Mount St. Helen’s Web Cam
What? You mean no one else has a thing for volcanoes?

Snow Days
This one’s just for fun. If I can’t get snow the regular way, I’ll do it one flake at a time. :-)

No comments: