Feb 6, 2012

Mercurial Monday

mercurial ~ volatile; fluctuating

Did you watch the Super Bowl yesterday? We went to a Super Bowl party last night, and I’m happy to report that I did not see any of the game. My kind of party! :-)

My friend and I sat in the kitchen drinking tea and talking while the guys were in the man cave watching the game. It was a win/win situation for everyone. I’m not a big sports fan, never have been. It’s been a long time since my friend and I have gotten together so we had a great time without the beer or the game or the man noises.

Again, I only read one book last week. This one was Unmasking the Maverick Prince, by Kristi Gold. This was from an older, Silhouette Desire line. I pulled it off my to be read shelf at random and I must say I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Has anyone notice I’ve been keeping my Reading Challenge (on Random Thoughts) and What I’m Working on (on Random Writings) pages up to date? Of the two pages I must say the Reading Challenge is easier to update. It doesn’t have any progress bars. Although now that I think of it, I could add one, couldn’t I? Hmm . . .

I had a busy week (writing-wise) last week, despite the fact the grey weather really started to drag me down. I had one super late night, and the next day I had a nap during which I dreamed about how tired I was. I wonder what that means? Of course part of that dream was also that it was “take your husband to work day” in a grocery store I once worked in. Yes, I know I’m weird. ;-)

I spent a lot of time last week struggling to write a blurb for the back cover of Fire. At the rate I’m going it’s going to take me almost as much time as the novel itself, which is not a good thing! Distilling an entire novel down to just two paragraphs is no easy task, especially when there’s a lot of action. *sigh*

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

TuesdayI think we’re going to be a little short on blog post/web site recommendations this week. I haven’t had a lot of time for surfing.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Last week Jessica found out that Ghren isn’t the happy kingdom she thought. But what’s she going to do about it? And the Hump Day Hunk this week is a special request (on Random Thoughts).

Thursday will be Chapter Four of Water (on Random Thoughts) where we find out a little more about the virus and if Nereida makes a full recovery.

Friday I still haven’t set up a poet interview, so once again you’re stuck with more of my poetry on Random Writings. On Random Thoughts it’s Flash Me Friday and I’ll be doing another picture prompt.

1 comment:

Dolly said...

Dreaming about being tired, yes I know all about that :-)

Good luck with this week, Carol. Blurbs! I hate those things. Well, I am still struggling with my query letter. Or a job from hell as I like to call it.