Mar 12, 2012

Meronym Monday

meronym ~ word whose relation to another is a part to the whole

So, Saturday I was whining complaining mentioning to a friend in an email how uncreative I’ve been feeling this month, and then yesterday in the shower I had a couple of characters start having a conversation. Now it’s bad enough that they were talking about the pivotal moment in their story, but it was the pivotal moment in a story that hasn’t even been written yet. *sigh* It’s one of a series of three connected stories that I’ve been toying with the idea of for ages but have put on the back-burner for now. And yes, I wrote this conversation down so I wouldn't forget it. In fact, I was in such a hurry to write it down that I couldn't even wait for my lap top to boot up - I just grabbed a pad and pencil.

Maybe this is a turning point. I hope so, ‘cause last week was this year’s worst failure yet. Tuesday evening I was scheduled to do a poetry reading at a local venue – and I totally missed it! In my own defense, I was asked back in September and never heard another peep about it. Normally I get some kind of warning e-mail or at the very least a notification on Facebook, but this time I got nothing. I found out about it when it was too late when someone tagged me in a post about it. I swear I thought it was in April!

I was also extremely late with not just one, but both of my serial posts. I’ve been late with one or the other before, but never both at the same. It wasn’t that I didn’t know where the stories were going or what happened next, there was just a problem getting the scenes out of my head and onto the computer screen.

I only managed to read one book last week, which surprises me ‘cause I thought it was more than that. Or maybe I’m thinking about the number of books I downloaded – which was considerably more than one. I’d say it was even more than twenty-one – I don’t keep the wifi on my Kindle on all the time because it uses up the battery too quickly, so the books sit on the Amazon web site until I turn it on, which I only do every couple of days and then turn it back off again. Yesterday when I turned it on it uploaded twenty-two books I had waiting. And I’ve been showing restraint!

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts We have Part Three of Prophets and Prophecies, Buddha Siddharta Gautama. On Random Writings I’m going to try another book review. If you’re an author and would like me to review your book, drop me a line at carolrward(at)gmail(dot)com. I promise I’ll put your book at the top of my list. :-)

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Jessica needs to start making plans . . . if she can manage to tear herself away from Prince Ewan. And on Random Thoughts there’ll be another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday In chapter nine of Water (on Random Thoughts) we’ll see how the children fared camping out overnight and what happens at day break.

Friday I think I’m finally ready for my Haiku Rant on Passion For Poetry. (Random Writings). And on Random Thoughts I’ll have another flash piece prompted by a picture.

No comments: