May 7, 2012

Monoxylon Monday

monoxylon ~ canoe made from one log

Everyone have a good weekend? Did you go outside to have a look at the super moon Saturday night? Last year I didn’t think the moon looked any bigger than any other full moon, and I have to say I felt the same this year. However, I did think the moon was insanely bright. Now that was impressive!

I didn’t get much writing done over the weekend, but it was still a pretty good weekend. Lots of barbequing and salad making and I even snuck in some book reading time. I’d like to go on a binge but I stopped at one, uh, two books. And I added another couple of inches to the afghan I’m crocheting out of odds and ends. :-)

Managed to get all my posts done last week, although I was late with Water and with my flash piece. But did you notice? I finally did a form over on Random Writings. It feels like it’s been forever since I did a form, but I just haven’t been in a poetical mood lately.

I did something last week that I haven’t done for ages – I bought some books. I went along for a ride to Belleville and once there my daughter decided she had to have Starbucks which, as you know, is usually found in Chapters. While there I had a quick look at the books and some how the newest Charles de Lint fantasy just jumped into my arms. Quickly followed by the latest Lynsay Sands, a new Nina Bangs, and a new Michele Bardsley. Honestly, I don’t know how it happened!

Then the very next day was the annual church book sale. You have to be fast to get the good buys, and my daughter and I have it down to a fine art. We were in and out of there in less than half an hour. Many books were bought. :-) .

Again I didn’t get my Goodreads list updated, but I’ve been keeping track and I’m going to really make the effort this week. Mostly what I’ll be focused on is the OTF project I’ve been working on for the local historical society. Only two more months and it’s finished and then I can move on to other things with a clear conscience.


What’s Up This Week: The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts We have Part Ten of Prophets and Prophecies, Baba Vanga. On Random Writings I have a few books to choose from for my review, and at this point I haven’t decided which book. If you’re an author and would like me to review your book, drop me a line at carolrward(at)gmail(dot)com. I promise I’ll add your book to the top of my list, or at least as close to the top as I can manage. :-)

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Fifty-one of Shades of Errol Flynn. I wonder just what Howard’s plan entails? And on Random Thoughts there’ll be another hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Sixteen of Water (on Random Thoughts), with both of the twins undergoing their tespiro. The question is, will they both survive?

Friday On Passion For Poetry (Random Writings) there will be a poem but I don’t know if it’ll be one of mine or someone else’s. We’ll see how poetical I’m feeling. And on Random Thoughts I’ll be doing another flash piece, prompted by a picture.

No comments: