Jan 7, 2013

Monomania Monday

monomania ~ abnormal obsession with a single thought or idea

I am so glad the holidays are over and done with! All these days off in the middle of the week and socializing had me turned so upside down I didn't know what day it was. Hopefully now I can settle down to some sort of schedule.

I was supposed to get the blogs revamped into a single blog over the weekend, at least that's what the plan was, but as you can see that didn't happen. Somehow my weekend got away from me and I'm not quite sure where it went.

I did start shovelling out my office so I could start working in there again, but I should know better than to try something like that on a weekend. I got sidetracked and it's not even half done.

But the office is going to have to wait. I have three stories by a very patient author that are only partially edited, and they have been moved to the top of my priority list. I think I'd work better in my office (without the television to distract me) so I just might throw everything on my desk into a box to be dealt with later.

Since I don't have my blogs sorted out I won't be back to a proper blog schedule yet. Which means although Wednesday will still be the Hunk and Thursday the serial chapter, Tuesday and Friday are up for grabs. I forgot until late Sunday night that it was actually Sunday and I needed to write a blog post and oh, yeah, I was supposed to revamp my blog. *sigh*

I have made a tentative start on my goals for this year. I already started organizing my stuff in the form of closet cleaning - you know, I really need to take the time to make some lists. I love lists. Hmmm. Maybe that should be the topic for tomorrow - the Joys of List Making . . .

Where was I? Oh, yeah. Goals. I took a big step towards wasting less time on the internet yesterday. I deleted my bookmark for the National Geographic puzzle site. I've been obsessively doing those stupid puzzles for a week and it's time to quit cold turkey. The link was sent to me in an email (that has also been deleted) so I don't know where it is. And yes, I suppose I could Google it, but I'm not quite that far gone yet.

I've also started to address the issue of eating healthier and getting physical. My lovely friend Jamie gave me the link for My Fitness Pal which is a great way of keeping track of what you eat and how much exercise you get. You tell it how much you weigh and what your goal weight is, and it'll tell you how much you're allowed to eat. The great thing is you can "earn" extra calories by upping your exercise. :-)

The main plan for this week is to get those stories edited and back to the author ASAP, and then finish cleaning out my office. Time permitting, I will also be cleaning out the linen closet and then the downstairs closets are done. :-)

What I'll Be Up to This Week:

Tuesday: The Joy of Lists
Wednesday: A new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday: Chapter 48 of Water - Gee, I wonder who came to visit Taja in the middle of the night no less. ;-)
Friday: I have no clue. Again it's 3 a.m. as I'm writing this, and my brain is mush. Obviously I have not had much luck with the "develop better sleeping habits" goal. Of course the weather has turned grey and miserable again, and I tend to sleep more when it's grey. And it's become milder too - yesterday my beautiful snow started getting washed away by rain! Stupid weather.

No comments: