Feb 11, 2013

Melologue Monday

melologue ~ recitation with musical accompaniment

Wow, where did last week go? It went by so quickly and I have so little to show for it . . .

I was still deep in my funk last week - extremely tired and lethargic. Monday and Tuesday I did more reading than anything else, but the rest of the week I'm ashamed to admit that I slipped back into my old gaming habits, namely the Shockwave games.

The good news is, I was whining writing about this to a friend on the weekend and it seems to have snapped me out of it. I was actually quite productive on Sunday, and although very little of what I accomplished was writing, it was still better than gaming.

Yesterday was the Chinese New Year, so I decided to celebrate by making Chinese food for supper. While I like to eat Chinese food, it's a pain to make - all that chopping and slicing and shredding . . . I made the chicken fried rice ahead of time because I only have one super sized stir fry pan and I needed it for the chop suey as well. I don't mind fried rice re-heated, but I like my chop suey fresh.

In light of my fledgling healthier eating habits, I used brown rice in the fried rice and I have come to the conclusion that I don't much care for brown rice. There's just something about the texture . . . I'm not a big rice fan (except for rice pudding) in the first place so for the small amount I eat I think I'll stick to the white.

With Valentine's Day coming up this week I did something yesterday that's even worse than making Chinese food from scratch - the annual Valentine's Day cookies. *sigh*

The first Valentine's Day that my daughter was in kindergarten, I didn't know the name of her classmates to write on Valentines for them, so I made heart shaped, raspberry filled, oatmeal cookies on a stick, which she gave to each child in her class. They were such a hit that I did them the next year, and the next year, and pretty much every year since.

My daughter is all grown up now. She has a Masters degree. She's married. And I'm still making those damned cookies, although they're no longer on a stick. And she still gets people she went to school with asking about them!

Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: Part IV of my series about the Muses.
Wednesday:
A new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday: Chapter 53 of Water - poor Ravi. He was so upset that Taja never got around to making her request. Maybe this week. ;-)
Friday: I've pretty much run out of office stories, so I'll have to come up with something else. Ideally I'd like to get my clothes closet re-organized, but will I get it done in time to post about it this week? We shall see.

Weekly Words

There are seven days in the week and I pledged to write 500 extra words per day, so that would make 3500 words in a week (look! She can do math! LOL). Let's see how I did:

New story idea: 731
Short story: 490
Nereida's journal (to be added in to Water during edits): 587
Total: 1808

Hmm. Only about half of what I should have done. Looks like I'll have to work harder this week.

I also edited about 20 pages of my latest book (which doesn't seem like a whole lot when you consider how big this book is), but I'm not sure how that figures in the word count.

And, just so you know . . . I said I wasn't going to count email words, but out of curiosity I kept track anyway and I wrote 5157 words in emails last week. Looks like I was in a chatty mood. :-)

No comments: