Sep 16, 2013

Mobocracy Monday

mobocracy ~ government by mobs or crowds

I'm actually a little surprised at how much I got done last week, considering Tuesday I drove to Peterborough to pick up a new cover for our pool. Which, incidentally, did not fit our pool. The package said it was for a 24 foot pool, but it only covered the water - there was nothing to go over the rim and tie down.

Got my Fair Isle sweater to the point where I can start on the sleeves. I have to admit I'm not looking forward to what comes after that, namely the Fair Isle part of the knitting process. Time to suck it up and come out of my monochrome knitting shell. :-)

I tried to get some work done on my afghan as well, but one of my cats, Dante, decided I should read instead. He plunked himself down right on top of the afghan that was draped over my lap. I've never wished so much for a camera as I did at that moment. The pattern I'm using is called Abstract Cats and he was lying in the exact same position as the cats in the pattern.

On Thursday I attended the Poet Tree Eulogy. It was for the last elm tree in Victoria Park, which is dying of some tree disease. Several poets, including myself, read poems and there were a couple of speakers, including the town Arborist. I didn't even know our town had an arborist. ;-)

Blog Stuff For the Week:

Tuesday: Part eighteen in my series on the Major Arcana of the Tarot is The Moon.
Wednesday:
A new hump day hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)
Thursday: Chapter 83 of Water. So how is a single Elemental supposed to stop a tsunami? Guess we'll find out.
Friday: The ramble this week may or may not be something computerish. You'll just have to check it out to see what.

Other Stuff

This week's TraxTime report runs from September 8 through September 14.

Crafts - 7 hours and 48 minutes ~ up from 6 hrs and 30 min
Emails - 10 hours and 00 minutes ~ way up from 4 hrs and 09 min
Games - 4 hours and 46 minutes ~ up from 4 hrs and 00 min
Reading - 6 hour and 30 minutes ~ way up from 2 hr and 03 min
Non-fiction - 9 hours and 39 minutes ~ down from 11 hrs and 57 min
Fiction - 14 hours and 44 minutes ~ way up from 5 hrs and 31 min
Editing - 0 hours and 0 minutes ~ way down from 18 hrs and 09 min
Poetry - 2 hours and 15 minutes

Boy, when I decide to put some effort into it, I can really get those Fiction numbers to jump, eh? But you notice there was no editing done last week. Yes, the two things are related, but not necessarily in the obvious way.

I have started the re-writes of Water, even though I'm not finished writing it yet, and because I'm re-writing, not editing, I'm logging it under Fiction instead of Editing. Once I finish the re-writes I will be editing it, and it will be logged as such.

So technically I did no editing last week. However, don't despair. I have editing of the finest kind to do this week. A tasty tale from my favorite erotic author, Trinity Marlow.

It was nice to see my gaming time held steady while my reading time increased drastically. It might have had something to do with changing books and getting caught up in the new one. ;-)

Not sure why the Non-fiction time jumped so high - it includes blog posts as well as journaling and research, so obviously I was spending more time on one or more of them. And did you notice the addition of a new category? I added Poetry to the line-up. I might not always have anything to log here, but even if I don't actually work on poetry it might remind me that it's something else I could be doing.

This week will be a mix of editing, working on Lucky Dog, and re-writing Water. I might even squeeze some knitting and reading in. ;-)

No comments: