Feb 14, 2014

What I'm Reading




I did a little better with the reading last week, but still not as much as I'd like.

Electronic Books

I took George (my Kindle - you might as well get used to me calling it that , 'cause that's his name) to a doctor's appointment this week. I was kind of disappointed the wait was so short because I started reading The Cobweb Bride by Vera Nazarian, again and I was quite enjoying it.

Have not yet returned to Mr. Love by Sally Mason, but it's patiently waiting for me.

I still can't find Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. George seems to have eaten it. But I did create a new folder for books I'm currently reading, so once I find it again I'll move it to that folder with The Cobweb Bride and Mr. Love.

Tree Books

I finally started reading The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance - Twenty Stories of Timeless True Love. I have to limit my reading time for this book because it's tempting me to just sit down and read it without stopping. Thank heavens it's an anthology so there are natural breaks in it!

Re-Reads

I'm still plugging away at Sword and Sorceress III and have another couple of stories under my belt.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *


Now . . . I have a couple of announcements to make.

First of all, this being reading day, I have a couple of recommendations for you. I won't always be posting these, so take advantage of them while you can. ;-)

Edward Medina has just released a new story, The Corpse of Madeline Hill. Perhaps it's not the most romantic tale for Valentine's Day, but it's sure to please.

And I know you will enjoy The Holiday Pact by Jamie DeBree and her alter egos:
Mr. Mysterious, by Jamie DeBree
The Naughty List, by Trinity Marlow
Canvas, by Alex Westhaven

Join Laura, Jodi, and Melody as they make a pact to meet up at a different place on each of the major holidays with the objective of finding a date for the evening. Will they find Mr. Right? Or will they end up settling for Mr. Right Now? You'll have to read for yourself to find out. ;-)

And while you're at it, don't forget to enter the Goodreads Giveaway where you can win one of five copies of Alex Westhaven's Sprouted, from her Death By Veggies Series. I guarantee you'll never look at your rose garden quite the same again. ;-)


And to celebrate Valentine's Day, I have a new story for you. But . . . it ran a little long, so I posted it on my "extra" blog. You can find it HERE

No comments: