Apr 4, 2016

Marmarosis Monday

marmarosis ~ conversion of limestone into marble

Everyone have a good weekend?

I don't know about where you are, but here in Southern Ontario Mother Nature played a really mean April Fools prank on us. After giving us a couple of almost summer like days, temperature wise, to lull us into a false sense of security, she dropped the other shoe yesterday. We woke up to a bright white blanket of snow. Granted the snow was pretty much gone again by lunch time, but that beautiful seeming day out there? It was cold, cold, cold, and really windy too, just in case you got any bright ideas about bundling up to enjoy the sunshine.

Hopefully the snow didn't last long enough to do any damage. While my plants are being cautious, I noticed the daughter has tulips and crocuses coming up in her garden. This on again, off again spring isn't doing the plants any good, that's for sure. It isn't doing us humans any good either. I've been fighting a cold the last couple of weeks and I notice a lot of other people are too thanks to the yo-yoing temperatures.

Fish or cut bait, Mother Nature!

I may or may not have whined, complained, mentioned that I've sort of hit a dry spell, writing-wise, this year. So in order to give my creativity a boost I signed up for the Blogging From A to Z Challenge. The idea is to write a blog post a day for 26 days in the month of April (we get Sundays off), and each day's post should start with a different letter of the alphabet, in consecutive order of course.

I did it a couple of years in the past when it first got going and it was ... uh ... fun. Yeah, that's right, fun. I mean, why wouldn't 26 blog posts in 30 days, each starting with a different letter of the alphabet, be fun? Just because I've only been posting once a week here, and the blog I'm using for the challenge, My Writing Journal I've only managed to post to four times so far this year - I'm not biting off more than I can chew, right?

Right.

I guess only time will tell. Meanwhile, if you'd like to follow my progress there are a couple of ways to do this. First, you can click on the link in the above paragraph which will take you to My Writing Journal where you can either bookmark the page to go to whenever you like or, in the column on the right-hand side there's a place where you can put your email address in and receive an email whenever I put up a new post. You might have to scroll down a bit.

The other way of doing it is just clicking on the tab at the top of this page. For the duration of the month I'm changing it from My Writing Journal to A to Z 2016. The reason for this is because I've noticed a couple of people from the challenge have ended up here instead of the blog I'm doing the actual challenge on. Not that I mind, it's great when new people come here. But I don't want them to think I've flaked out on the challenge.

One of the fun parts of the challenge is trying to visit as many of the participating blogs as possible. There are close to 2,000 participants this year and I figured out that I need to visit about 75 blogs a day to see them all. And yes, I'm a little behind. :-D

While I have been going down the list of participants (you can find the list HERE), faithfully clicking on each link and visiting each blog, I confess I haven't been leaving a lot of comments. First of all, it's incredibly time consuming. I'm sorry, but I do have a life and I just don't have the time to comment on 75 blogs a day. Sometimes I just have nothing to say, and sometimes I do make a comment and for whatever reason it just doesn't show up - usually on the Wordpress blogs or ones that aren't using Blogger. But I do try to comment when I find the post interesting and I've even bookmarked a few blogs to make sure I revisit them (when I can).

So if anyone wants me for the rest of the month, you'll know where I am. Either writing blog posts or blog-surfing.

Good lord, what was I thinking??

1 comment:

Stephanie Faris said...

Some people have moderation enabled and it doesn't say, so it seems your comment disappears, which is really annoying! I'm just trying to keep up with visiting those who visit mine...and a few new ones, but yeah, this is way too time consuming!