Jun 26, 2017

Mulism Monday

mulism ~ obstinate quirk or habit

You know, one of these days I’m going to get my sh*t together and do amazing things. Last week had none of those days. This week doesn’t look promising either.

Once again I missed the poetry post on Friday, which is ridiculous when you think pretty much all I have to do is just re-post it from my writing blog. However, last week was a little busier than the previous week.

Tuesday, I took the grandbaby to visit her great grandparents, which meant I picked her up an hour early. Then Wednesday was our regular play group day, which also means picking her up an hour early. I had actually planned on blowing off the play group and taking her to the park instead (it’s been a while since we’ve been there) but it was cool and overcast, and it turned out I made the right decision because it started to rain.

I might mention that I woke up with a sore throat and the sniffles Wednesday morning and it was a full fledged cold by Thursday, the day I got to babysit from 8:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. The daughter had a work thing - and by work thing I mean she got waited on hand and foot at a spa, dinner included.

The trade off was that I got Friday off, which would have been great except I was so sick from my cold I didn’t get any of the things I’d planned on doing done. I pretty much read, napped, watched X-Men Apocalypse, and napped some more.

It rained off and on during the week, but Thursday night it started a steady down pour that kept up until about supper time on Friday. As you may recall, last time it rained like this we lost our beach, which is still more water than sand. This time we had more flooding inland.

This is a picture of Elgin Street, which runs east/west, early on Friday.



Now, see the traffic lights in that picture? This picture is taken at that intersection, sitting on Elgin and looking north up Division Street later in the day.



For the curious, you can find a slide show of photos HERE

And lest you think the sky gods are done with us, they’re calling for thunderstorms to start this afternoon and continue into this evening, with rain every day except Wednesday for the rest of the week.

Anybody got blue prints for an ark?

No comments: