Aug 27, 2018

Mallophagous Monday

mallophagous ~ eating wool or fleece

Any online shoppers out there? I don’t know about anyone else, but I find online shopping pretty hit or miss.

The daughter buys a lot of her clothes on-line, mainly from Old Navy where she knows how their clothing fits. I’ve tried buying clothes a few times from a couple of different companies and it’s really a crap shoot, whether they’re too big, too small, or just right. There’s one online store I’d love to buy clothes from, but it’s a little too pricy for me to be willing to take the chance on the size being right.

The same goes for jewellery. I’ve purchased several necklaces and earrings, and for the most part I’ve been satisfied, but there were a couple of times the workmanship was not exactly stellar. Buyer beware – you get what you pay for.

Then there was my attempt to buy a lap top from Lenovo. If you missed that rant, count yourself lucky. Let’s just say it was not a happy experience and I did not end up with a lap top from them. However, the camera I purchased online from Maple Leaf Photo was awesome.

I wasted a considerable amount of time yesterday afternoon trying to decide on a blanket to order online. It’s a dragonfly blanket, a little pricy, and there were several to choose from. I finally made my selection and now I get to cross my fingers that it will turn out to be as nice as the picture.


It was a full moon last night, the Sturgeon moon, and knowing it was this weekend I chose it for the topic for the phone photo challenge I’m doing. Accordingly, the hubby and I went traipsing down to the beach after dark so I could take pictures with my phone. The moon had a red glow about it that was so arresting that we went back home so I could bring my good camera to take pictures as well.

None of the photos I took will ever make it to National Geographic, and surprisingly the ones I took with the phone turned out better. I got some really great pictures of the moonlight on the water with my camera, but the moon itself looked like a cluster of three moons. I’m thinking the best way to take those pictures would have been with a tripod.

Oh, well. There’s always next month. :-)

And if you’re curious about my photo challenge, you can find the blog HERE

No comments: