Oct 8, 2018

Maturescent Monday

maturescent ~ becoming mature

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!



As I write this post I am suffering from a turkey coma, which is entirely my own fault. What can I say? The grocery store seduced me with its sale on turkeys and somehow this 23 pound turkey just jumped into my grocery cart.

There were five of us for Thanksgiving dinner. That’s 4 ½ pounds of turkey per person, along with all the other stuff: potatoes, peas, carrots, dressing, rolls, sweet potatoes… and pie. Let’s not forget the pie.

The daughter made a beautiful pumpkin pie.



And I knew she was bringing it, but that still didn’t stop me from buying one at Costco the day before dinner. Again, I was seduced by the sale price. I mean seriously, did you see the size of those Costco pumpkin pies? They were huge! And really cheap.

But I digress…

What I’d like to do today is share a few of the things I’m grateful for.

I’m grateful that I live in Canada where we can enjoy free basic health care, a calmer political landscape, and the changing seasons.

I’m grateful that we have a roof over our head and food on our table.

I’m grateful that I have good health (relatively speaking).

I’m grateful that the hubby is just about finished his chemotherapy after his cancer scare.

I’m grateful for my beautiful daughter and her hubby.

I’m grateful for my amazing granddaughter who grows bigger and brighter each day. She really is my sunshine.

I’m grateful for all my friends and family, both near and far.

And most of all, right now I’m grateful for stretchy pants. :-D

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: