Nov 18, 2019

Murcous Monday

murcous ~ having the thumb cut off

It’s cold, it’s miserable, I’m slowly catching up on my NaNo novel.

How’s that for an update?

Not enough, eh? Yeah, well, to be honest there wasn’t all that much going on this week. The weather was cold and miserable and I’ve been feeling singularly unmotivated.

One cool thing happened… Now that it’s starting to snow on a regular basis, the hubby’s father would like to start keeping his car in the garage, so the hubby went over one afternoon to help him clean it out.

As you probably know, one of the up sides to cleaning any building out is the treasures you might find in the process. In this case it was a water wall fountain that was destined for the scrap heap. Wisely, hubby brought it home.

It’s actually meant to go outside, but lo and behold the base of it is exactly the same size as the drop leaf table we use as a room divider between the living room and dining room.

Sounds perfect, doesn’t it? All I had to do first was move the plant hanging over the table to the hanger in my office, and clear off the stuff sitting on the table. This included a lamp, a fairy garden, and the butternut squash (five of them) that my neighbour gave me. *sigh*

Oh, yeah, and the fountain had been sitting in the garage for several years so it needed to be cleaned as well.

Why do brilliant ideas always turn out to be more work than I expect?

But still, it looks pretty cool, doesn’t it?


No comments: