Oct 5, 2020

Micromancy Monday

micromancy ~ divination using small objects

They say a picture’s worth a thousand words, and since I really don’t have much to say about last week I figured it was time for another picture post. :-D

The first two pictures are ones I took down at the waterfront a few weeks ago when I went to meet my friend. Our beach was fenced off for the summer to keep the non-socially distancing tourists away. Despite the fact this meant the locals weren’t able to use the beach either, most of us were okay with that. Just because the beach had a fence around it didn’t mean it couldn’t be pretty though.



One of the local artists took it upon herself the spruce up the fence with some woven artwork – these two pictures were taken at the east end of the fence, but there were others as well. As I understand it, the feathers weren’t part of the original art, people just started adding them.



And as you can see, the rules have been relaxed a bit now, and the beach is open through the week and closed on weekends.

And remember those plants I banished to the great outdoors because they picked up aphids? Well they actually flourished outside this summer. The weather has turned a bit cool and the one plant was so beautiful I figured I’d bring him back in. This is my purple passion plant, and while I think he’s happy to be inside again, he’s going to stay by himself until I’m sure he hasn’t brought any friends in with him.



The wandering jew is still outside because he ended up planted in a pot with a couple of other plants (which are not houseplants) and I have to find a pot and some dirt for him before I bring him back inside.

The next three pictures are of the basement. It’s pretty much done, except for the furniture. We’re expecting a reclining love seat sometime today, so at least the hubby can go back to watching TV, but the rest of the furniture isn’t due until November. You, know, right in the middle of the kitchen reno.




No comments: