May 24, 2010

Messed-Up Monday

Messed-up ~ forgot this was Monday because it's the first long weekend of the summer. Happy Victoria Day!

So, I'm sitting here last night, typing a post for my Random Writings blog, and I completely forgot that it was Sunday night and I should be doing the goals post for here. I blame the fact that it was a holiday weekend. Normally I do this post while watching True Blood on Sunday night, but because of the holiday they had a bunch of movies on instead. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :-)

Last week I managed to get all my writing goals accomplished, and on time. This despite the fact I went through a whole bottle of Advil (which tend to make me sleeping) - sometimes the pain was in my neck, sometimes in my shoulders, and then, just to add to the fun, I picked up a sinus infection which triggered a couple of migraines. *sigh*.

I worked from home last Monday, which was a good thing because I spent a lot of time on the phone talking to insurance adjusters. They approved a rental for me so I’m currently driving a 2010 Ford Fusion. It’s a sweet little car, but a bit cramped after being used to an SUV.

I managed to snag a morning appointment with the optometrist so I got my eyes checked before work and then the prescription filled after work (since my glasses were toasted in the accident). And then I got the sad new that my Santa Fe was a write-off, so now I have to start looking for a new vehicle. It certainly won’t be brand new, but there are a lot of decent used cars out there.

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part III of my fairy tale series investigates the truth behind Sleeping Beauty.

Wednesday: Will feature a new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure. If you have any preferences, let me know. I’m always willing to do a little research. ;-)

Thursday: This week’s Passion for Poetry form is the Quinzaine, another short, unrhymed syllabic poetry form.

Friday: Chapter 40 of the Space Opera. What are the Illezie going to have to say to Nakeisha? And just how dangerous is it to contact them?

Elsewhere in my week:

I have a poetry group meeting Tuesday night, which I’m looking forward to. I missed both a Scribes meeting and the poetry reading last week, so I need the infusion of creativity.

Want to finish up the edits on my friend’s book so she can get it finished, then it’s back to the edits on my own work. Of the two, I much prefer editing someone else’s work. :-)

I read a few e-books last week . . . One of the nice things about e-books is you can read them while doing other stuff on the computer. I also finished reading a print book, Master of Fire, by Angela Knight. I can’t wait until the next one in the series comes out!

And that’s what I’ve been/will be up to, how about you? How did you spend your long weekend?

1 comment:

Jamie D. said...

Editing someone else's work is always more fun - I totally agree with that. Easier too.

Sorry about your vehicle...and I hope you feel better soon. When it rains it pours, eh?

Our long weekend is next weekend...so if I miss next Monday's post, you know why. LOL

Have a great week...