May 31, 2010

Multivoltine Monday

multivoltine ~ having several broods in one season (although I’m sure this applies to chickens, I’m defining brood as a brooding mood)

Last week was pretty darn good. Okay, so it was a four day week because of the holiday (here in Canada), and my poetry post went up 12 hours later than it was supposed to, but I got all my posts done ahead of time and it really took the pressure off.

I picked up my new glasses on Thursday, but they don’t seem as bifocally as my old ones were. For one thing, they really don’t help when I’m working on the computer, and I can’t use them for reading. I’m going to give them till the end of the week and if I’m still not happy with them I’ll have to do something about it.

Then came the weekend. One disaster after another - a roller coaster ride of almost good luck followed by really bad luck. I ended up feeling so beaten down by life I just didn’t have the energy to spare for any writing. Instead, I took my friend’s book out onto the deck and finished editing it in one fell swoop. So at least one good thing came out of the weekend. :-)

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part IV of my fairy tale series investigates the beginnings of one I’m sure everyone is familiar with – Snow White.

Wednesday: Will feature a new Hump Day Hunk for your viewing pleasure. If you have any preferences, let me know. I’m always willing to do a little research. ;-)

Thursday: This week’s Passion for Poetry form is an Irish form, the Cro Cumaisc Etir Casbairnde Ocus Lethrannaigecht. Please don’t ask me what it means or how to pronounce it ‘cause I have no idea. But to make up for the tongue-twister form, I also have a quiz for you, so be sure to check it out.

Friday: Chapter 41 of the Space Opera. What is E.Z. doing in Chaney’s head? And will Nakeisha come out of the experience with her mind intact?

Elsewhere in my week:

Tonight there’s a Scribe’s meeting, and since I missed the last one I have no idea what the prompt was so I’ll be going empty-handed. And while I’m at my meeting, my wonderful daughter and her equally wonderful husband are going to my friend’s house to dismantle a lawn swing to bring it over here.

Now that I have the editing done on my friend’s book it’s back to the edits on my own work. Maybe even some new words.

The CPW (my poetry group) is putting out another anthology and I have until June 15 to submit my poems. I get three pages this time, plus I have to do a bio and include a photo. I guess the first step will be to organize my poetry, again!

And that’s what I’ve been/will be up to, how about you? What are you going to be up to this week?

No comments: