Nov 5, 2012

Macrocephalic Monday

macrocephalic ~ having an abnormally large head

So . . . everyone survive the time change? I don't know about you, but I'm still pretty tired. And I'm tired of waiting for my sun to shine. It hasn't rained the last couple of days, but it's still pretty grey out there. And now it's cold on top of that. The weatherman promised me sun and it just hasn't happened yet.

I lied last week. I said that cheddar was supposed to be the last in my cheese series but there's a couple more posts I want to do. They're not about specific cheeses per se, but they are cheese related. ;-)

Nano is well underway. So far I've been making my daily goals, which I think is the first year ever. I usually start slow and then make an extra effort to catch up, then fall behind, then catch up, then . . . well you get the idea.

I'm doing something different this year. Previous years I just started writing my novel and whenever I got stuck I'd just jump ahead or go back to fill in a gap. This is probably one of the reasons I have four not quite finished novels sitting on my hard drive. Anyway, this year I'm breaking my novel into chapters as I go along. I figure on doing a chapter a day. Thirty days for thirty chapters. So far it seems to be working. *knock wood*

Something else I did for the first time was go to a NaNo write-in. It was at the library and only four of us showed up, but we had a good time and many words were written. We're having another one on the 24th and I'm hoping we can coax a few more people into joining us.

I might be doing a book review this week. It will depend on how fast I get my words done today. I've got the book read (while riding the exercise bike), I just don't know if I'll have enough time to get the review written. I need to try and get ahead in my NaNo words - Wednesday I have a meeting and Thursday I have to drive my FIL to Toronto.

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts I will be posting installment sixteen of Cheeses of the World which will feature the cheese rolling festival in Glouster. If time permits, the book review on Random Writings will the Fortune Quilt by Lani Diane Rich.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Seventy-six of Shades of Errol Flynn. Jessica's not out of the woods yet. How far will she get this week? On Random Thoughts there’ll be a new hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Forty-one of Water (on Random Thoughts). I have no idea what's going to happen next. These characters are seriously starting to annoy me.

Friday on both blogs there will be a NaNo update and another excerpt from Lucky Dog.

No comments: