Nov 12, 2012

Micropsia Monday

micropsia ~ disease causing objects to appear smaller than actual size

As usual, my week started out strong and then started to fall apart about mid-week. Same with my NaNo. After a strong start where I was actually ahead of the game, it too fell apart. By Friday I was almost 5,000 words behind.

I caught up most of the words over the weekend, but I didn't get the 1667 done on Sunday which has put me behind again today. - instead of 1667 words today, I need to get 3334 words done to be on target, and I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. :-)

The NaNo novel hit a bit of a snag, which accounts for the slow down. I had a great idea for the end of it, but that was going to leave a big gap with nothing to fill it in with. So after running various scenarios through my head, I came up with a quest for my main character. But because the quest could take place just as easily after the end part, I moved the end part closer to the beginning and hopefully the end of the quest will coincide with the end of the book. *knock wood*

The big question is, if I do catch up today will I be able to keep caught up? Probably not. While I don't anticipate the same problems with my serial posts this week, I have a poetry reading on Thursday evening and I'll need to sacrifice some writing time to get ready for it. You know, choosing the poems to read, practicing reading, that sort of thing.

So far the breaking my novel up into chapters as I go along is working out fine. One chapter translates to approximately one day, or five pages, worth of writing. I don't think this one is quite as funny as the first one in the series, but it has its moments. :-)

Thursday I think I wrote the smallest amount of words yet, but the rest of the day was so awesome I didn't really care. I got my NaNo thermos in the mail AND I got a care package from my awesome friend Jamie DeBree. Books, and tea, and toys, oh my! I will be enjoying my booty for months to come. Thank you Jamie!:-)

It's going to be words, words and more words this week. Aside from my blog posts and NaNoing, I have emails to write. Two of them I started on the weekend but stuff happens - like trying out my new vacuum cleaner and baking cookies for my daughter - and the emails get saved to finish later. Sorry guys! I'll get them finished ASAP!

What’s Up This Week:
The schedule is up on the side bar, so I’m just giving the highlights here.

Tuesday On Random Thoughts I will be posting the final installment of Cheeses of the World which will feature . . . a surprise. And there will be no book review on Random Writings this week because I didn't finish the book I was reading on my Kindle.

Wednesday (on Random Writings) Chapter Seventy-seven of Shades of Errol Flynn. Will this be the final chapter? Probably not because now I have to tie the ending in to the beginning of the sequel I'm writing for my NaNo novel. On Random Thoughts there’ll be a new hunk for your viewing pleasure. ;-)

Thursday we have Chapter Forty-two of Water (on Random Thoughts). I actually know what's going to happen next (for a change) but you're going to have to come back Thursday to find out for yourself.

Friday on both blogs there will be a NaNo update and another excerpt from Lucky Dog.

No comments: