Jul 12, 2013

Random Ramblings



Of the Dog Days of Summer

As you know, my turn came up for the Absolute Write blog chain this week. The theme was "the dog days of summer."

I've known about this month's theme since the last week of June and although I tell myself every month I should write my story right away, I never seem to get around to it. So Monday, the person ahead of me on the list was notified it was their turn and I figured I'd better get cracking on mine too. We get two days to get our stories up before we're bumped to the end of the list.

Anyway . . . I thought and thought and couldn't come up with an idea so I resorted to doing a Google search on dog days of summer and I ended up looking at all these really cute images that came up in the search. So THEN I started downloading the cutest ones, figuring I could pick one to illustrate my story.

AND THEN I thought I'd just post the pictures for my turn. You know, a picture's worth a thousand words, right? But no, that would be cheating. So I ended up writing my story anyway (if you missed it you can find it HERE.

Fast forward to yesterday, when I was trying to figure out what to ramble about. Whilst casting about for ideas, the folder I put the dog days pictures in caught my eye and I figured why not? So here you go, ten cute pictures of dogs cooling off in the summer heat.




















No comments: