May 9, 2014

What I'm Reading




You're not going to believe this, but I actually got a fair amount of reading in last week. Be still my heart! Of course it helped that I spent almost half of the last week under the weather, even though part of that time I couldn't even focus on the television, let alone a book.

I read another online story last week, Game Testing, by Kristine Kathryn Rusch. If you're a fan of role playing games, D&D in particular, you don't want to miss this story. But you need to hurry because it's only available until Monday when it's changed to a new story.


Electronic Books

Once again there was no progress on The Cobweb Bride by Vera Nazarian, Mr. Love by Sally Mason, or Dark Love by Claudy Conn, but progress was made on the Darlings of Paranormal Romance anthology.

I finally started that werewolf story and it's much better than I expected. And not only does it have werewolves, it has vampires as well. It's set in the old West during the tail end of the American Revolution, which seems like an odd choice for a werewolf story but it works. I didn't get as far as I would have liked in the story, 'cause even though I set aside time for reading, when I went to turn George on his battery was dead. *sigh* I really have to stay on top of keeping him charged up.

Tree Books

I finished Dreamwalker, by Kathleen Dante. It was totally yummy. The main characters, Damon and Rory, were strong and independent, so seeing them get together and learning to trust each other was a treat.

Again, I didn't get back to Hunting the Corrigan's Blood by Holly Lisle. It's now on the floor beside my chair, but once again I just wasn't in the mood for science fiction.

Re-Reads

I'm almost finished Sword and Sorceress IV , just a couple of stories to go and then it's on to the next one.

Reading Memory and Dream by Charles de Lint, has been putting me in a artsy mood lately. Probably because the book itself centers around an artist. But it's not painting, so much, I'm in the mood for, it's something different . . . like a collage, or papier mâché.


I was at a book sale last weekend, but kept my purchases to a minimum. One of the treasures I had my eye on was a beautifully bound set of Harvard classics which could have been mine for a measly $10.00. But while they would have looked pretty in the book case in my guest room, the chances of me ever finding the time to read them was slim to none, so I gave them a pass.

I make no such promises of restraint when it comes to my visit to Chapters this weekend.

No comments: