Mar 18, 2015

Wreck This Journal - Week Five

For anyone who's new, you can catch the previous weeks here: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4

As I continue my wrecking journey with my journal, I can't help but notice some of these pages have instructions that are a little hard to document. This one, for instance:



There are all kinds of ways I could pick up my journal without using my hands - use my forearms only, put it on the floor and use my feet, nudge it to the edge of the table and use my mouth - but they don't exactly leave a mark.

And this one:



Off the top of my head I can think of a couple of ways to wear my journal - using it as a hat is the most obvious, or put it on a string and wear it like a necklace or as part of a belt. But again, it's not like it's going to leave any evidence, unless I wear it like a hat and get my hair stuck in it. ;-)

And then there's this:



Okay, while I could probably talk someone to take pity on me and buy my journal page, once they've bought it, it's gone.

Obviously these pages are going to require a little more consideration. And I'm open to suggestions - leave me a comment if you can think of anything, please!

All righty then. Next I did a couple of easy pages. The first one I was instructed to glue a random page from a newspaper on it. So I randomly chose a page from the comics.



And another easy one was a page where I was to include my grocery lists. I've been pretty good at throwing them out once I'm done with them lately, so I could only find three of them:



And finally, I came to a page that I was supposed to cover in tape. As you can see, I have some pretty tape available to me, but much to my chagrin it was really, really hard to cut into shapes. Especially the duct tape. It kept sticking to the scissors and leaving a residue behind. So while the picture is sort of like I wanted, the execution left a lot to be desired.



And that's it for this week. Join me next week as I continue to wreck my journal.

4 comments:

Hubby said...

Hi Hon,

I can certainly think of how you can "wear" the journal...but it would take at least 2 of them! (And of course I would then have to rush right home!!)

Love, Hubby

Jamie D. said...

Aren't hubby's just the most helpful people ever? ;-)

He could take a picture of you picking up the journal without your hands, and then you could put the photo in there. Ditto for the wearing thing (though...maybe not, if you take his suggestion).

Paper grocery lists. People still use those? LOL I can't remember the last time I made a shopping list of any sort on paper...I'd have to actually print one out to post it in there.

As for the "Sell This Page", I think you should take it to the coffee shop and sell it to someone for a penny. Maybe keep just part of it attached so you can attach the penny to the page stub. :-)

C R Ward said...

Steve: This is me ignoring you!

Jamie: Yes, people who don't own cell phones or tablets still use paper grocery lists! :-P

Ironically, I got an email the other day from an author friend who was updating her book to get rid of the paper grocery list.

What's wrong with a paper list?? It's so much handier then some sort of electronic device! :-D

Hubby said...

At least I resisted the urge to note that a book used in that fashion would, for me, be a real page turner!