Oct 17, 2016

Mundificative Monday

mundificative ~ a cleansing or purifying medicine

In late August/early September, while we were still suffering a heat wave, there were all kinds of dire predictions about how cold October was going to be, and how we were going to have snow early in the month.

Well, it’s mid-October and as I sit here typing this (late Sunday night), I have the deck door open and a fan blowing in the living room. Not only is it rather warm, it’s humid too. What the heck is going on?

Last week was pretty warm too, at least during the day. At night the temperature would dip low enough that we had frost warnings, but once the sun was up it would warm up fairly quickly. Which of course let to my favourite fall game - musical wardrobe.

I’m sure most of you out there have played musical wardrobe before. You know, where you check the weather forecast the night before, set out your clothes, but end up having to wear something completely different because the weather’s not as predicted.

Or you dress for the temperature you wake up to, have to change into something cooler by lunch time, and change again when it cools off in the evening. This is the time of year when layers are your friend.

Not much progress on the bathroom renovation. A lot of sanding and filling, waiting for the filling to dry, and more sanding. Hubby's started working on the stand for the sink, but there’s not much to see yet. And ... we discovered that the taps we bought are not exactly the best ones for a vessel sink. The faucet’s okay, but the taps themselves are a smidgeon too low, so he’s going to have make a little mini stand for them too.

Once the filling is finished, then it’s primer time. And once the primer is dry it’s paint and tiles. So looks like someone better get off her lazy butt this week and pick out the paint she wants. I’ve got a bunch of little paint samples and once I narrow it down to my favourites, I can exchange them for the bigger paint samples.

Well folks, it’s the end of an era. I finally broke down and got a cell phone. It was time. I’ve been putting it off because I’m surrounded by people who have an unhealthy attachment to their cell phones and I didn’t want to turn into one of them. However, the daughter gave up her land line, so if there was ever an emergency when I’m babysitting I’d be in big trouble. Also, part of the bundling of our TV/internet services included switching our phone to cable as well. If the power goes out (which it tends to do occasionally) or even if it's just the cable that goes out (which happens more often) then we’re without phone service.

The kid who set me up with my phone was great - he was very patient and made sure I was comfortable using it. So far I can make calls, send texts, and take pictures. However, I might have to pay the kid another visit because I have yet to figure out how to set up my voice mail.

But no games! That’s what I have a tablet for. LOL

No comments: