Dec 16, 2019

Mandylion Monday

mandylion ~ loose outer garment worn over armour



Well, I got the tree up finally. :-D

Okay, so it doesn’t have any lights or decorations or anything, but I’ll get to it. Eventually.

I plan to at least get the lights on it later today, but I’ll probably wait until the grandbaby can help with the decorations. And then all that’s left is the wrapping and baking.

Yes, that’s right. We’ve pretty much got our Christmas shopping finished. We still have a couple of gift cards to pick up, and a couple of little things to add to a gift basket, and that’s it. Woot!

I even have my out of town presents in the mail – some on Friday and some today. It’s like a Christmas miracle.

Actually, what would really constitute a Christmas miracle is snow. There is snow all around us, but in our little bubble it’s been just warm enough that we’ve been getting rain. Saturday it poured rain here, and all the way on our drive to Belleville for the final round of shopping.

When we came out of the mall it was trying really hard to snow, but it was still a little too warm (and wet) for that. However, when we came out of Walmart it was seriously snowing, and sticking too. So instead of going out to dinner in Belleville we decided to head straight home. It was a pretty hairy drive home, let me tell you. And the closer we got, the wetter the snow got until right before our exit when it turned to rain.

I’m starting to feel cheated in the snow department this year.

Normally I only take the week between Christmas and New Years off from blogging, but as I said, I still have the baking to do and I’ve only got 9 days to do it. Plus it would be nice to maybe relax a little too.

So this is the last actual post you’re getting here until the New Year. But don’t worry, I’ll still post the occasion Christmas music video, because that’s just the way I roll. LOL

Happy Holidays, and I’ll see you in 2020.

No comments: