Dec 9, 2019

Mugient Monday

mugient ~ bellowing; braying

I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees for the trees have no tongues

Well I don’t know about you, but I had a pretty fun weekend. The whole family went to the Doctor Seuss exhibit in Toronto. Okay, so the drive up and drive back weren’t much fun – traffic was particularly heavy so what should have been about an hour’s drive each way was over two – but the rest of it was fun.

First, as pictured above, we explored the Lorax’s forest of Truffula Trees. Seriously, the picture doesn’t do the intense pink lighting justice. I wish I’d taken my good camera with me, but I would have also needed to bring a bigger purse.



Next was a room inspired by There’s a Wocket in My Pocket, a Dr. Seuss book I’m not familiar with.



The center of the exhibit was a huge balloon maze. There was a Grinch themed room where we got to play a fishing game, a Circus McGurkus room where you could ride an indoor carousel, and a room filled with Star Belly Sneetches. And of course let’s not forget the Cat in the Hat.



There were a lot of things to interact with in the Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? room, and a meadow of clover in the Horton Hears a Who room. If you listen hard you might hear a Who.



It wasn’t as crowded as you might expect, but that’s because you have to buy tickets in advance and they stagger the times people can enter. As family fun times go, this was definitely a win.

No comments: