May 11, 2020

Manubrial Monday



manubrial ~ shaped like a handle

So . . . how’s everybody doing these days? Getting tired of your own company? Need help digging the hole for the bodies? Those voices in your head starting to make sense?

There seems to be two kinds of people observing the social distancing: those who are taking advantage of all this time to themselves and getting an amazing amount of stuff done, and those who . . . don’t. Needless to say, I fall into the latter category.

What have I been doing lately?

Yesterday I baked – brownies, mini chocolate chip banana muffins, and a pumpkin bread. And I gave them all away because I’ve gained seven pounds since the pandemic started. And because I’m diabetic and shouldn’t eat a lot of that stuff.

I ran out of Nora Roberts books to read last Monday or maybe it was Tuesday. Yes, I have other stuff to read, but I’m kind of stuck on Nora these days. I had two more books that were supposed to arrive on Thursday, but there’s no sign of them yet.

I took a day in front of the TV to work on my stitchery. I started an appliqué piece when I was able to meet with the stitchery group, and I mustered up some renewed interest in it. It’s more fabric art than appliqué to my mind, and I have ideas for two or three more pieces.

Yesterday was Mother’s Day, and the daughter and her family dropped by. They parked in the driveway so we could have a socially distant visit. We froze our butts off, but it was worth it. I didn’t get hugs, but I did get to cuddle my first grandbaby, their dog Bishop. Wasn’t quite the same, but it was better than nothing.

The picture at the top of this post is of my gifts. Aren’t they beautiful? The pressed flowers were all from their garden (I put the sheet of white paper behind it to show them off a little better). And I love the felt flowers too – they did Aunt Florence proud (an aunt we used to do a lot of crafts with).

Anyway, that’s what I’ve been up to. How about you?

No comments: