May 18, 2020

Minimuscular Monday



minimuscular ~ tiny

There were a couple of days that were nicely foggy last week, and I do love me a good fog, but it was also kind of rainy so I didn’t want to risk my good camera by going out and taking pictures. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

The picture above is one I took last summer, of our neighbourhood fox waiting patiently for the daughter to take his picture. After we put the big fence up last year we didn’t see much of the foxes in our backyard, but there was a bit of a gap under one part of the fence at the back where they could crawl under and then leave again by a different gap. However, the neighbour behind us jammed some bricks in the gap so no more wildlife save for squirrels.

UPS took pity on me and delivered five more Nora Roberts books over the course of last week and so far I’ve only read one of them. I’m trying to make them last because I prefer the trade size paperbacks and once I’m done them I’ll have to start getting the mass market editions.

As my nod to the holiday weekend where tradition says it’s time to start gardening, I planted some bulbs on Saturday. I had more black lilies than I realized and planted a cluster in the center of the little square garden with the lamp post in it in the front, and two clusters behind the fountain in the pond garden at the back. The rest I gave to the daughter when they stopped by – the grandbaby wanted to show off her bike-riding prowess and biked all the way over to our house (with her parents and the dog walking alongside).

I also had some miniature iris that went in a corner of the front garden as well as the pond garden, something I can’t remember the name of that I have my doubts will grow at all because the bulbs seemed dried out to me, and four bleeding hearts spaced along the back fence.

If it stops raining again, maybe I’ll think about getting the vegetable garden started this week. At least the peas and beans.

No comments: