Sep 24, 2008

Ho Hum Hump Day

Despite my decent word count (+3000 on DIF), today was a bit of a trial. I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m not the only person with the lethargic attitude. Several people I talked to, and a couple whose blogs I read, are also feeling this way - tired, no energy, headachy. It almost makes me feel better - misery loves company.

I think Friday’s Zokutou update is going to be very interesting as I seem to be flitting from one project to another. My writing cousin (okay, so technically she’s not my cousin. She’s my sister’s best friend who married and then divorced my cousin, but I still think of her and refer to her as my cousin – got that?) said to me that she doesn’t know how I can keep track of three story lines at the same time. To be honest, I don’t find it hard at all. All three are romance, but they’re very different romances.

Changeling has this thread of espionage with lettered agencies and secret organizations (which was only supposed to be hinted at, but wriggled its way up to being an important plot development). Although I appear to have made the most progress on Changeling, the daily word counts are much lower because I need to put more thought into what I’m doing.

Driving Into Forever has undergone a great many changes since I started, and after the first person debacle I decided to start from the beginning again. It’s the only one of the three that I made an outline for. I know exactly where this story’s going but I’m trying to take a little more time getting there.

Magic comes to me either in spurts or not at all. The ending came to me before the beginning and now I’m having to fill in all the space in between.

No comments: