Aug 9, 2010

Mandamus Monday

mandamus ~ writ instructing that an action should be performed

I read no books last week, other than the one I was doing line edits for, and again I have to admit to playing a few computer games and on-line jigsaw puzzles, but I still met all my writing obligations and got my posts up on time (well, except for the flash piece, which was pretty darn late, again!).

I also had to answer some e-mail questions for an interview that you can find HERE, and I had a 13 page application form to fill out and return before my telephone job interview on Thursday. You all did so well at wishing me luck I need you to do it again today – I have a face-to-face interview this afternoon. :-)

This Week’s Goals:

Tuesday: Part XIII of my fairy tale series will be delving into the origins of another favourite, Beauty and the Beast. Judging by the amount of research I’ve already done, this might end up being another two-parter. If anyone has a favourite fairy tale they’d like me to investigate, drop me a line at carolrward(at)gmail(dot)com and I’ll see what I can dig up.

Wednesday: A new hunk for your viewing pleasure.

Thursday: This week’s Passion for Poetry is the African American form of Eintou.

Friday: Chapter 50 of the Space Opera. Nakeisha’s wind versus the stone tavern. Who’s going to come out on top?

Elsewhere in my week:

I really need to focus on the final decisions for the poetry for my reading. The 19th is moving up fast and I need to be ready. I’ll probably stick with my poetry forms – it’s the thing that sets me apart from the rest of the group, my love of different forms.

I believe I have a Scribe’s meeting tonight. I’d better check to make sure and maybe check to see what our prompt was. We’re putting out an on-line literary magazine this fall and I need to print the pieces I’ll be submitting for review.

Over on Random Writings, my Pearl of Wisdom for the week will be Showing versus Telling. There’s also a picture prompt posted there today, and I challenge you to come up with a flash piece by Saturday using this prompt.

I’ve been seriously lacking in writerly mojo the last couple of weeks . . . yes, I’ve been getting my blog posts done, but I haven’t really done anything above and beyond the call of duty. I haven’t even been all that inspired by my own picture prompts.

Thankfully, I’m getting my mojo back. Saturday night I started working on Forever and For Always again, and yesterday I got my weekly flash piece done. I don’t know if I was just starting to get sick of computer games, or if I was being lead by example (thanks Jamie!), but it’s nice to have a little more focus.

So, now you know what I’ll be up to this week, how about you?

No comments: